Friday, November 12, 2004

Spark meme check it out...

I just found this great meme through I am Pariah,so thanks. I like that you can do a random search for the perfect inspiratonal question.
What does 'spirituality' mean to you?
Does it mean belief in a specific religious dogma or other principle, or does it mean something that is more secular and cosmic rather than religious? What were your spiritual beliefs when you were younger? Have they evolved, and if so, how? Was there a specific event in which your beliefs were strongly tested, to the point of having to reconsider what you held to be true? If your beliefs are different than those your family and friends have, how accepting are they of you and your beliefs now? Does spirituality hold a high priority in your life?

I believe that God is all around us and that there is a 'higher plane' of existence. I will not rule out reincarnation either. If you read my blog, you know I was greatly touched by 'The Passion of the Christ' which I just watched at the end of October. I became Catholic back in 1983, but I am not a Bible beating Catholic. In fact I think the Bible is hard to understand.
When I was younger, we rarely went to church, but I remember when we did it was a special occasion for us. I wasn't crazy about Sunday school though.I met my husband who went through parochial schools. When we became engaged, I thought it was important to have religion in my life.
Yes, there were times in my life when I felt tested. I had some liver issues (probably from the result of having Lyme Disease) and I thought I had a liver disease. I did a lot of praying and then said, 'Wait-I have to accept it if I don't get well'. Which I did. And I didn't have the disease and most of my liver enzymes stabilized. There is still one that is elevated, but since the others are better, I only have to get checked out once a year. I found a herb that helped my liver-Milk Thistle-through reading. I passed on this info to another friend and her enzymes stabilized too.
I think spirituality is gained through how I live and what I do for other people. Isn't that one of the main reasons we are put on this earth?

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS