Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Mommy Dearest

So, my little ma Jeannie decided to take a drive over today. I was right in the middle of trying to use a mat cutter, but I told her 'ok' when she announced she was on her way around 1 pm. Three tries later, I figured out the cutter. I had to use posterboard for the mat, but it looks fine for the time being. I will try to locate an uncut mat down in my hometown. Sean's grad gift is framed up in this lovely rosewood rectangular frame. I am pretty happy with it-except for the posterboard. Underneath the cross stitched piece is the'official' grad announcement. It all ties together nicely.
Back to mom. She came with a bag of chicken McNuggets and no beverage. She asked for coffee with her 'kid's meal' and they questioned her about that. Just give the lady her coffee and of course they forgot. She didn't like her food. It looks like she doesn't like anything she eats as she is so skinny, but not as bad as she was last year, thank goodness.
Mom explored our gardens to get an idea of what she would like in her own yard. She said she had 9 poles and nothing on them. I suggested petunias. We went down to a local greenhouse and she picked out a bunch of pink and purple 'wave' petunias (I am sure you have seen the tv commercials). Then I suggested we go to Wally World. Damn if they didn't have their hanging baskets on sale for $5! Mom grabbed 5 of them plus some dianthus (I have lots of it and it comes up every year for me). She said she wished we had gone there first. Oh well. She bought petunias, impatiens, dahlias, and begonias. I got a burgundy-hot pinkish impatien.
We got back home and ordered Chinese food. Mom left about 7 and an hour later she called from 'Big Lots' saying she was on her way home. She's bad. I want her home before dark. Her car was really bursting at the seams, but I know she will enjoy what she bought today.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS