Thursday, May 26, 2005

Sean's graduation is looming!

So much to do in less than two weeks. I am making a few things for Sean as gifts. One is the mortarboard cross stitched piece. That is finished and I need to sew the tassel on it. I have a lovely frame, but the mat is all wrong. I have to go to the office/art supply store and get an uncut mat. I managed to locate a mat cutter on eBay-not a real expensive one, but one that looks like I can use it. That shouldn't be that bad to finish up. I will have his announcement on one side and his mortarboard on the other.
I am also working on a memory storyboard. It's not a photo album, but an accordian pleated board he can close up after his graduation hoopla is over. I was going through photos yesterday for it, now I need to go through some of his papers. I want to add some quotes to the pages too. This is going to be a hard one to finish up as he is off for the next 4 days starting tomorrow. I have the poster board all taped together. After lunch I'll go through papers. It's just a fun thing so he can see what we have seen-our little boy growing up into a fine young man.
Speaking of graduation, Sean got his yearbook yesterday and his blue cap and gown the day before. It's a nice book, but the senior photos are really small-about 3" (or less) tall. I got misty-eyed when I read his blurb thanking his dad and me for helping him reach this milestone in his life. Wow, what a kid. : )

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS