Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A new Pontiff

I'm a Catholic girl (have been since 1983), so I was interested in who was chosen to fill some pretty big shoes. When I was watching around noon, the tv guys couldn't figure out if the smoke was white, but I could tell right away. It took awhile for Pope Benedict XVI to come out and I was surprised they had chosen such an old man. Even his brother is wondering about the new position for an almost 80 yr old. Brother said 'Sometimes when you are approaching 80, you don't feel like getting out of bed the next day'.
The new Pontiff seems very talented (piano, languages), but so conservative. We will never have a 'fun' Pope. They are so stuffy and are against everything that has to do with the modern world. I guess tradition lives in the Catholic church.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS