Thursday, April 28, 2005

Buying garden plants

Geez, I'm so excited about buying plants! I went to drop off the 4 bags of clothes at the Goodwill and right around the corner was Richardson's. They have gorgeous plants mostly from $1.99 to $4.50. The more expensive ones are perennials.I bought some plants for my fairy/gnome garden. It's really cute. It use to be the rose bed and I moved the roses and had the space. I have lots of little fairies and friends-not tacky ones but sweet ones with little chairs, a mini glazing ball and some ceramic mushrooms. I found some miniature marigolds which will be perfect for it (if they don't get nibbled by animals). I also bought a big pot of purple Johnny jump-ups for the same garden plus a few other plants.
What else? Snapdragons, pale pink petunias, some herbs, a poppy and a few other perennials. The sales lady said I could plant everything. The lilacs are about to bloom, so that's a good sign there won't be a freeze again. I can't wait to get digging and rearranging.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS