Friday, April 22, 2005

Beef stew

I have to admit, this was the best I've made in a while. I make stew at least twice a month in the cooler weather. No way was I going to make it in 80 degree weather yesterday. It was in the 60s today, so I made it. I swear, the turnips and parsnips make the world of different flavor-wise. I like a bit of rosemary and parsley with a splash of Worchestershire sauce. I made some 'packaged' lemon squares for a treat. My son Sean has a terrible sweet tooth. He's practically eaten 4 packages of cookies in less than a week. Half the tray of lemon squares are gone too. And look ma, no cavities and he's 'just right' with his build.
~~~~~~~~
I did weed whacking instead of food shopping. I have a lot of pent up anger in me from my phone conversation with mom. I did almost the entire front yard! Mom even involved my uncle in this spat. He called and was very cool with me. I don't know when all this will end, but I really hate it because I feel like a heel and I don't want not to like myself when I didn't really do anything so horrific.

2comments:

  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    I just read the post about the spat you two had. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I hope things get better soon.

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Thanks Mindy!
    I was watching a decorating show tonight and the couple said that moving made them stressful and you always take it out on the person you care for the most. My mom is so stressed out from her aches and pains and cleaning that she is indeed taking it out on me. I am giving her a few more days. I didn't like my uncle calling me like I was a 12 yr old to apologize to mom. The things we have to put up with from our parents !!!(see it's our turn now to complain!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS