Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Ray and Jamie

Now if you haven't seen Ray, run out now before the Oscars and rent the DVD. Jamie Foxx is so good, you'll forget it's him and think it's the real Ray Charles throughout the movie. People magazine is predicting a Best Actor win for Jamie. What's interesting too about Ray Charles is that he and my mom Jeanne were born on the exact day (sorry for divulging age mom)-September 23, 1930. And my mom has a trained soprano voice, so two musical babies were born that day. So as Ray's mom pushed down in Georgia, my grandmom Ruthie was busy up in Roslyn, PA welcoming her only daughter.
Sean went to Wally World (Walmart) over the past weekend and I asked him to either get the new Kenny Loggins cd or the Ray Charles cd (see sidebar) for me. No Kenny, so he got Ray. I've never bought a Ray Charles record in my life. I love his classics, but leaned toward folk rockers. There are lots of 'duets' with Ray that I like, especially James Taylor. Incidently both Ray and James fought heroin addictions in their lives. Ray sings with Norah Jones, Elton John, Bonnie Raitt and Michael McDonald- I like them too, with a few others like Diana Krall, Willy Nelson and Johnny Mathis. Sean sat and listened to the entire CD. You can hear Ray's age a bit (or the effects of illness), but for a 73 yr old, he was still doing it.

Update:
Got my van 'Winnie' back tonight (Windstar-stop laughing) and she sounds better! Ken worked his butt off fixing her and trying to figure out what's going on with the diffferent noises. We are taking her back in a few weeks for inspection and hopefully we will be able to drive her more.
More freakin' snow is coming tomorrow morning! We may get up to 8 inches. Lord have mercy.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS